Fitness & Wellness
Welcome to Seabury's Fitness and Wellness Program!
Seabury has a nationwide reputation of being on the cutting edge of fitness and wellness. At Seabury, fitness is a way of life. The philosophy behind the program is individualized, safe, and effective programs for all levels of fitness. Our extensive Fitness and Wellness Center features state of the art Keiser pneumatic strength training machines, and a full line of cardiovascular equipment.
Our team of certified fitness professionals lead a full range of group fitness and aquatic classes which change quarterly and are designed around the needs and requests of our community. All of Seabury's fitness programs emphasize balance and functional strength as those are key to staying well and active. The fitness and wellness team is also available for Personal Training. A full list of program and ammenities is found below.
Fitness Center Program and Amenities
- Initial fitness and wellness orientation and functional assessment (strenght, flexibility, agility, cardiovasuclar fitness and balance)
- Quarterly wellness check-in and mini functional assessments
- Individualized fitness programs
- Full line of Keiser pnuematic strength training machines
- Full line of cardiovascular equipment (Treadmills, Elliptical machines, Recumbent Bikes, Non-Impact Concept 2 Rowing Machine)
- Dance and Pilates Studios
- Full range schedule of group classes which change quarterly (e.g. Core Essentials, Cardio Circuit, Yoga, Aqua Circuit, Functional Strength)
- Studio and aquatic classes with functional modifications (e.g. Mat Yoga, Gentle Joints, Basic Balance)
- Natatorium with expansive pool and spa
- Personal Training
- Aquatic Personal Training
- Biodex assessment and training
- Nutritional Counseling
- Gaming Pavillion including: bocce, ladderball, croquet, golf croquet, horseshoes, putting green
- Table tennis and billiards
- Four + miles of campus and woodland trails
Fitness as a Way of Life
Seabury incorporates fitness and wellness into daily life. Beyond our formal exercise classes and training, many of our programs have significant fitness components including our biennial Seabury Games and Seabury Spirit Week. We have bocce tournaments, pool tournaments, walking and hiking groups, and our Annual Charitable Golf Tournament. Our 66 picturesque acres and four + miles of trails are available for your enjoyment. Seabury is located close to facilities for tennis, golf, and more.